Fire-fighting control cabinet ShUN/V prot. R3 controls the electric motor via the magnetic contactor. Magnetic contactor on/off switching can be done in automatic control mode of command impulses of the built-in controller by a signal from addressable fire alarm system controller and manually, using control box buttons, without controller. Valve control box ShUN prot.R3 ensures operation with three-phase electric motors with a rated power of 0.18 kW to 250 kW; or single-phase electric motors with a rated power of 0.18 kW to 3 kW. Depending on the application, the valve control box ShUN prot.R3 is able to control the following units:
- fire pump;
- drain pump;
- jokey pump;
The valve control box ShUN prot.R3 fulfills the following functions:
- control of availability and parameters of power supply at the network input;
- health monitoring of main circuits of the unit's electric diagram;
- open-fault and short-circuit monitoring of input circuits from sensors and electric contact pressure gauges;
- monitoring of the motor's power supply circuit;
- local switching of the motor control mode to one of 3 modes: Automatic / Manual / Off transmission of its state signals via a RS-R3 digital communication line to the addressable fire alarm system controller;
- control of the connected electric actuator according to commands received via a RS-R3 digital communication line from the addressable fire alarm system controller, upon commands of level sensors, or upon local control commands.
Fire-fighting control cabinet ShUN/V prot. R3 has the following control modes:
- "Automatic" - when operation of the motor is controlled by commands from the addressable fire alarm system controller.
- "Manual" - when operation of the motor is controlled from the control panel with Start and Stop buttons
- "Off" - when the contactor is de-energized, and the motor start is impossible.
In terms of design, firefighting control cabinet ShUN/V prot. R3 is enclosed in a square metal enclosure containing the following devices:
1 - controller;
2 - incoming switch;
3 - contactors;
4 - three-phase monitor relay;
5- terminals for external circuits connection;
6 - audible warning device;
7 - CONTROL switch;
8 - indication board.
The type of control of the fire-fighting control cabinet ShUN/V prot. R3 shall be selected from the unit "Rubezh-OP" prot. R3 when configuring the box parameters or set via SW "FireSec Administrator".
In order to ensure alarm circuit integrity control, provided resistors shall be included into the scheme. The resistors shall be connected in close proximity to the sensors.